🔍 Active Research Projects
- Quantitative | Crime risk assessment and predictive policing algorithms
- Qualitative | News media and opinion content about the Seattle soda tax
- Qualitative | News, advocacy, rhetoric about immunizations and COVID19
- Mixed Methods | Legal knowledge, framing, and online legal research
- Mixed Methods | COVID19 impact on gun culture, markets, and politics
(2021) Earl, Jennifer, Rina James, Elliot Truslow, Sam Scovill. “Protest, Activism, and Mis/ Disinformation” in The Routledge Companion to Media Misrepresentation and Populism, edited by H. Tumber and S. Waisbord. Routledge. Invited Chapter
(2021) Earl, Jennifer, Sam Scovill, and Elliot Truslow. “Digital Youth Politics.” In The Oxford Handbook of Sociology and Digital Media, edited by D. A. Rohlinger and S. Sobieraj. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. Invited Chapter
📽️ Presentations and Conferences
Truslow, E. April 2020. Panel on Data Ethics and Bias. Women in Data Science (WiDS). Tucson, Arizona. Invited panel member.
Truslow, E. March 2020. Algorithmic Bias and Online Legal Research. Pacific Sociological Association. Eugene, OR. Cancelled due to COVID-19.
Truslow, E. 2012. Virginity as a Global Social Construction. Undergraduate Research Creativity Symposium. Fredericksburg, VA.